Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 10:25 PM   #373 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Boo Boo is clearly Delusional so i'll ask Crow and Explative, have I not listed bands that give us clear and away grounding in the genres their in?

Did I not say he continues to harbor this Beatles point (which he continued to do in the only post he's responded to me in)

Is it me, or is the sense im making being ignored?
James Brown - Certainly, but his influence is primarly on funk and r&b, while The Beatles and The Stones had more diverse influence on different genres.

Prince - Great musician, he has made some great pop songs, but compare him to someone like David Bowie, he has been far more consistant works, greater longetivity, he has made more classic albums, and he has more influence on modern music, argubly.

Bruce Spingsteen - Theres no one i can really compare him to, so i wont try, but that still dosent give the US a clear victory.

Paul Simon - With Simon And Gurfenkel, then yes not many can compare, as a solo artist theres many who have had more significence to popular music, though he did help introduce worldbeat music to western audiences, Peter Gabriel also played a part in that as well.

The Pixies - In terms of alternative rock, UK have The Smiths, who are clearly greater, a better choice would have been The Talking Heads.

Soundgarden - Are you kidding me?...They cant touch most of the UK acts i have mentioned.

Mos Def - Of all the great american rap artists, thats all you got?

Al Green - Ok, i wont argue with this, his influence is huge.

Ray Charles - ^ Read above statement.

I never said US didnt have some standout artists, because everybody already knows that isnt true dammit, you keep taking what i say out of context, Bruce Springsteen and Al Green dosent make US better than a country that has had The Beatles, The Stones, The Who, The Clash, etc.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote