Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rock Education Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar
Its interesting to travel the net and met new and diverse people. The one thing that I have noticed is the lack of Australian bands on the international boards.

with the exception of AC/DC there is little known of the Australian Hard Rock Bands of the 70's and early 80's

Bands like "the Angels" were an Australian revolution and even toured with a little known band called AC/DC in 1975, it was malcom and angus and bon scott who got the angels their first record deal with "Alberts" and produced by Vanda and Young.

first single was a classic called "am I ever gonna see your face again" which is now a classic pub rock anthem.

other bands include Cold Chisel with Jummy Barnes as lead singer though I think the world knows more about Jummy than Chisel. Yet a Chisel song "Khe Sahn" was voted australian song of the millenium.

that said its great to learn about the overseas bands that are not released in Australia as well.

great thread.
hope to learn more

Darkstar
Yeah, I was born in Australia - but now living in NZ. I agree, Cold Chisel is never recognised - but on a side note, I think Forever Now is their best song. That is probably in my top 20 rock songs ever.

I guess INXS is Australian too.