Music Banter - View Single Post - I say hi, you say low
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 01:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

1: Basically one big b-movie, introduced the main scoobies, fruit punch mouth, Joss Whedon's attempts at hip young slang

2: Spike in a wheelchair, good ole leather pants Angelus (he's pretty corny tbh, and had a way creepier portrayal on Angel), Oz trying to find out who Willow is, the Latvian bugman, everyone in the audience cheering when The Annoying One got roasted

3: Faith + The Mayor = weird villain combo that somehow worked really well, Mr. Pointy, vampire Willow, Slayerfest, WELL GOSH, Mr. Trick was great, and The Mayor had an awesome evil master plan (he just wanted to be a big snake, was that so much to ask?)

4: Followed the audience into the craziness of college, Hush, evil robo-demon Charles Manson with a machine gun arm, Chip Spike (the beginning of an actually pretty interesting character study of an arc), Willow + Tara, Xander + Anya, Demon Giles, Restless (my personal favorite episode of the whole series), the body swap

5: The Body, Buffy Bot, Glory was awesome and hilarious, Dawn isn't nearly as annoying on re-watches, insane troll logic, great finale (Buffy smashing a god's face with a troll hammer is >), OH SHI-, She Saved The World A Lot

6: Followed the audience into the soul crushing pain of young adulthood, Dawn and Spike as a weird sort of big brother and little sister is actually kinda adorable, Fast Food Buffy, Bill Paying Buffy, Suicidal Buffy, Once More With Feeling, Evil Willow, Hell's Bells (which in hindsight is actually a fantastic episode that perfectly played off of a huge fear that a big chunk of the aging audience probably had), Buffy + Spike is an interesting (and simultaneously great and awful) flawed relationship, THE NEEEERRRDDDSSS!, Buffy stabbing Anya (and the totally left field musical interlude that did not make me cry, really)

7: Crazy Spike, the scoobie gang getting back together, Sunnydale High revisited, Dawn actually becoming useful
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote