Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 03:44 AM   #189 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

A while ago, I got a large amount of albums that were all by Danish artists. The thing is, that I've never really liked Danish music. Except for D.A.D, I just didn't actually have any Danish music in my huge collection. I've done a lot to explore Danish music now and found a lot that I actually really like. What surprised me was how easy it was to pull off. I took a chance on about 10 CD's and liked all of them right away.

Anyway, I just want to post some Danish music that I've been getting into. From some really solid albums.

Karen Busck - En Kærlighedsaffære

Karen Busck - Det Er Slut Nu

Karen Busck - Listetyv

Both from the album "En Kærlighedsaffære". A very beautiful, melancholy songwriter album. Some really good lyrical imagery on this album, like using a tennis metaphor to paint an image of failure and quiet despair: "(translated) I prepare to smash the ball and it rolls pathetically across the ground". Almost a shame it's in Danish, because the lyricism is one of the things I think is really amazing about this album.

Line Bøgh - Something Else and Something Else and Something Else Again

I just really like her somewhat odd voice. There's a lot of accent there, so it's obvious she's not English or American. I think this album is very strong vocally, but also in terms of songwriting. Very low key, but incredibly well done in terms of arrangements, textures and song structures. It's an album that's got a lot of feeling to it. Fortunately, I know she's got a few other albums too.

Fallulah - The Black Cat Neighbourhood

Just some good, modern indie pop. Had some hits years ago, but probably not across the border. Or maybe she did, I don't know. I really dig this kind of thing these days, so of course this album is right up by alley with ease.

I want to post some more, but for now I'm leaving it at this. Turns out it's actually hard-to-impossible to find songs from many of these various Danish artists on Youtube.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote