Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #4660 (permalink)
uncle salty
Music Addict

This is a bit late, but I went and saw Shinedown in August.

I bought a single ticket and sat center stage, 12 rows off the stage.

Of course, some genius thought to have the VIP section, which was simply a roped off section right in front of the stage, with no seats. Which meant the VIPs got to stand, which meant, as all you music lovers know, EVERYONE had to stand the entire time.

It was a double bill, with Godsmack. Thankfully, it was Shinedown's turn to open, so I didn't have to sit through Godsmack.

When Shinedown's set was over, I left. (Heck, I'm 54 years old, it was 9:30 at night, and I had a 40 mile drive. You do the math.)

On my way out, though, I went straight back through the cheap seats and gave my stub to a kid in a Godsmack tee. He had a zillion tattoos and piercings. I thought he was gonna kiss me when I told him where the seat was.

Luckily, I got away with a high five and a DUDE!!!

Watching that kid fist pumping down the steps towards the stage was actually more gratifying that seeing Shinedown.

They were ok, but Brent does waaaayyyyy too much talking. Preachy. We're all brothers, we're all here for good, blah blah blah.

Just play Devour, will ya?
uncle salty is offline   Reply With Quote