Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 04:44 AM   #22222 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Been having really poor luck with the movies I've been choosing to watch lately:

Battle of the Sexes
Sometimes likeable and entertaining performances. Interesting and fun story in the beginning and the final stretch of the movie. The center entire ****ing hour of the movie is occupied by the most banal, Hollywoodified, oscar baiting, lesbian love triangle you've ever seen. Completely brings the movie to a dead stop for unbearably long stretches of time, where the script writer loses all interest in the actually involving ideas that the movie starts out with and NAMED ITSELF AFTER. So endlessly frustrating. I kinda really liked parts of it but also kinda really hated it.

Romance and Cigarettes
A sort of pseudo-musical directed by actor John Torturro. Big stars everywhere. Totally misguided and incredibly irritating scripts. I fast-forwarded a lot. Watching this movie in full would give anyone a migraine. I don't say this often, but I think I actually found this film to be in downright bad taste. If you like this movie, I hate you. Ok not really, but damn. This movie was so annoying it makes me irrational.

Terms of Enderment
Syrupy, repetitive and with some of the oddest, most ineffective character writing I've seen in years. Absolutely nothing to grab on to here. Half the time, I couldn't even figure out who the hell thought this script makes any sense. Jack Nicholson shows up here and there, hamming things up even further, and it's the only fun parts of the movie. And before you consider the idea that maybe I don't get it, I'll stop you right there and promise you that this movie is dumber than a bag of hammers.

Winner of the Oscar for best picture in 1983. I'll say it again: Most best picture winners are either overrated or downright bad movies. What the hell is up with that?
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote