Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite bands and WHY
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 05:59 PM   #63 (permalink)
claudioismybitch
nirvana hate activist :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersLabyrinthX
There is probably a thread about this, but I'm not gonna look. So shoot me for being lazy. I was wondering what everyone's favorite bands were AND WHY. I listed a whole bunch here because I'm bored.

Avenged Sevenfold(earlier stuff was great, sad that Shadows has to ease on the screaming)

Cradle of Filth(Dani has a strange tone in his screaming. The music is just beautiful in my opinion. Terrific stories. Damnation and a Day is one of the best albums ever.)

AFI(I like the later stuff, like Sing the Sorrow, nice riffs and Davey has a good voice)

My Chemical Romance(Like both old and new)

Mindless Self Indulgence(great band live, love the sound)

Weezer(From Blue Album to Make Believe, great band. Love the lyrics)

Red Hot Chili Peppers(Nothing I could say about this band would justify my love. Talented and wonderful)

No Doubt(I fell in love when they first came out with self titled No Doubt but they slowly wound down. Return of Saturn was the breaking point)

Modest Mouse(Weird vocals....dont like vocals too much, but lyrics are great and melodies are great)

Motley Crue(Also great live. Oh, what I wouldnt give to party with them. Nikki Sixx is a great wongwriter and he's a ****ing badass.)

HIM(Ville Valo has a great range and a nice crooner voice. nuff said)

Dresden Dolls(Just weird. Awesome lyrics)

HelloGoodbye(more of a pop-punk thing. But the tunes are catchy)

Pavement(strange mix of country, blues and rock. It just sounds good. They also did a great cover of "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen. They remind me of the Cure)

Lacuna Coil(Its nice hearing a frontWOMAN sometimes)

We Are Wolves(Also just really weird band. Kinda fun to listen to)

The Cure(I'm an 80s child at heart, born in the wrong decade. I mean, I can pull off the hair and I prefer 80s music to much of today's. I just love the Cure in all aspects....'cept Robert Smith's hair because he's scary to watch)

Xiu Xiu(Although there is one song that just scares me...I like the originality)
Hawthorne Heights(Really sucks live. But I still love Ohio is for Lovers. Call me a loser, I'll admit it)

69 Eyes(Just got into this band after hearing a demo. Sounds just like Type O Negative, but more meoldic. And Type O Negative does really bad covers)

Twisted Sister(I almost got a internship at the company that manages them. Oh, I would love to meet Dee Snider. He could kick anyones ass in makeup!)

Marilyn Manson(Love the sound, not nescessarily him. He is ****ed up in the head)

Ozzy Osbourne(Along with Black Sabbath. And who doesnt like Ozzy, c'mon)

Rammstein(All around fun to listen to)
and

Blind Guardian(really talented band, love the vocals. Interesting stories to tell through their lyrics.)

I think I got most of my favorite bands. I'm interested to read what everyone else has to say.
~Court~

yeah cradle kicks as, and a couple other i agree with, but seriously weezer is so effing *** now, they bug the hell out of me, and you know my feelings about that damn motley crew, lol.

but here are my favs.

coheed and cambria
underoath
COF
from first to last
evanescence
atreyu(amazing vocals and presence)
as i lay dying
HIM
say anything
ram jam
johnny cash
kansas
bob dylan
boston
korn(old **** only)
system of a down
blink 182(yeah i said it)
matisyahu
neil diamond
nightmare of you
throwdown
terminal
smoking popes

and thats some of it, those are artists that i have obsessed over for long periods of time.