Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite bands and WHY
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #65 (permalink)
bungalow
Account Disabled

Neutral Milk Hotel- I swear, these guys are absolutely amazing. I could listen to In The Aeroplane Over The Sea every second of every day, and never get bored of the songs. Plus, they're from Elephant 6, based in....Georgia! So that makes them cool all by itself.

The Decemberists- I love how with all of Colin's lyrics, it is like he is re-telling a story. This band is catchy as hell, they have great lyrics, really fun band. The 'sailor-ish' thing they've got going is...strange, but it works. This band is absolutly great.

Belle and Sebastian- Twee at its best. Really great pop music. Every song is just as catchy as the last, and this band can be listened to for hours on end and you'll never tire. Not to mention the fact that, it seems as though they cannot make a bad album (we'll forgive storytelling)

Sigur Ros- I really love post rock, and I really love this band. As far as post rock goes, these guys run a close race with Explosions in the Sky. I bough (),and I downloaded all of their ither albums. Each one is brilliantly put together. All the songs flow, and have a really dreamy quality to them. Great Stuff.

Immortal Technique- One of the most intelligent rappers out there. He isnt afraid to wip out the big time words in his raps, or to face contraversial issues with his songs. Everytime I listen to Dance With the Devil, I always get the exact sane reaction out of myself. The tension builds and builds, untill the conclusion of the song, at which I am still shocked at hearing, even though I've listened through the song multiple times.

Stars- "When there is nothing left to burn, you must set yourself on fire" The fact that that is at the begining of the album, is just cool enough to land them a slot in my list of favorite bands. But the music that follows is just as great. Wonderful band, awesome way to intro an album. Well done Stars!

and last, but not least

U2- Haha, just kidding
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote