Music Banter - View Single Post - Nicki Minaj vs Cardi B (feud)
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #258 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I've seen pieces of European racism towards the middle east because my 'friend's wife is from the UK. She's never said anything herself, (she found it strange that so many white people, especially her husband, say nigga so frequently in our social group) but her husband seems to reflect a bigoted sentiment that I feel like she feeds him in privacy. Their attitude towards hip hop has always came off as wonky to me. The way he tells me he doesn't like most hip hop because it mostly glorifies superficial materialism, sex and violence is laughable to me when his genre of choice is ****ing aggrotech. A genre that is so superficial that it's deepest lyrics are "WHY! DO WE CRY!"
People wonder at the materialism of hip hop. It comes from a culture who half a century ago couldn't drink from our water fountains, where a century and a half ago couldn't not work for free for white folk for fear of death. Of course they want money.

People wonder at the "low culture" of hip hop. It comes from a culture where they've been denied education, adequate housing, and wealth. Why shouldn't they want heroes who don't "talk or act white" but still succeed and give the people hope that they can be themselves and still not starve?

To the modern black person hip hop is hope that they can retain their identity without having to remain destitute. Yeah it's become a trope but at its core it's the beating heart and soul of resistance.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote