Music Banter - View Single Post - What Shows Have You Been To Lately?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 01:54 PM   #398 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Shows I've been to in the past month:

Mysteries Lab
Saw these guys a couple weeks ago in Warsaw at this tiny venue that was totally packed and had a surprising amount of stairs for such a small place. Because of this I stuck watching the show in a really awkward position on one of said flights of stairs and ended up leaving a little early. Still, I thought they were great. Below is the only video of them that I could find on YouTube, the set I heard them play was quite a bit more experimental than this:

Coherence Quartet
The second show I went to while I was in Warsaw. We had a nice comfy table for this one and were really close to the stage. I thought these guys were pretty great, especially the bassist who incorporated a lot of percussion into his playing. Here's a video of them:

Brian Wilson
Just went to this on Saturday. They performed Pet Sounds in its entirety sandwiched between a bunch of the Beach Boys biggest songs. The band were fantastic, though sadly Brian Wilson himself seems to be barely able to sing or play at all this point. That was sad to see but also made me happy I got to see him at all. Al Jardine was there too though, as well as Blondie Chaplin—who was a member of the band during the 70s—and the two of them were fairly lively.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote