Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 11:27 AM   #57228 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

I don't know, but I feel like this whole idea of soul mates is just an annoying concept the more I think about it.

So we're taught all of our lives that we need this one person in the whole world to feel complete as if love or relationships are a tangible material we can possess and not a fleeting moment in time that we experience. I feel like we naturally fall in and out of love with several different people in our lives based on the fact that we are continually growing and learning and changing as time goes on. This whole idea that there is a one that is more special or meaningful than the rest is just a dangerous thought. Because you'll find one, fall madly in love, and perhaps it stays that way for a long long time. To the point where you are so comfortable with each other that the idea of separating is scary. Eventually you may fall out of love and unfortunately do to these ideas we are conditioned to believe so many people try to force that feeling to come back even though it's passed because they convinced themselves they have some how obtained love rather than experienced it. And the closest thing you ever get to feeling that fleeting emotion again is through small bits of nostalgia that you force out based on the idea that you will never experience love again if you leave.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote