Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 01:52 PM   #22227 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Rewatched Blade Runner 2049.

Miles above the first movie on every level. The "sex scene" alone is just so much more memorable, creative, and visually stunning than anything in the first. It's sort of heartwarming and beautiful, while also being the most depressing thing ever.

Gorgeous visuals, fantastic music, awesome action, more interesting themes that are more fully realized, great quotes ("I'm the best one!" being my favorite).

Just, everything.

I really do think that in time, once people grow out of their nostalgia for the first, 2049 will be rightly regarded as one of the best Sci-Fi flicks of all time (unless some seriously fantastic SF movies get made in the interval, which would be awesome). But even if not, I'll still love it and rep it.

I'll always remember it as the movie that inspired me to get off my ass and take writing seriously. A novel and a bajillion short stories later, and I'm still riding that high. Guess the nostalgia is strong with me as well, even though it only came out last year.

Also...

Spoiler for .:
The ending of Blade Runner hits my gut pretty hard, but the ending of 2049, where the main character, who has accepted that he isn't a hero or magical chosen one or anything like that, still tries to do something nice for someone just 'cause, and then just ****ing lays down in the snow and bleeds out, straight up makes me cry, and idgaf who knows it.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote