Music Banter - View Single Post - What Music Do Your Kids Listen To?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
As a father of eight children (the oldest being nearly 20, the youngest 3 months), I have spent these last two decades helping my children cultivate their music tastes with very little concerted effort, instead letting them make their own decisions while also hearing what I'm playing around the house. Some of my kids love music, but others don't care either way. The ones who do care--one loves Herbie Hancock, and another loves Celtic folk, like Planxty etc. Another is a huge fan of David Bowie, especially his early stuff.

I have noticed, however, that even my kids who don't really have an opinion about music, are listening at least somewhat to what I'm listening to. For example, the other day, one of my younger daughters came in while I was listening to Magdalith. She stood there stunned for a moment and then asked, "What is this?" To be fair, though, Magdalith is hard to ignore.
I read and agreed with your post, but . . . did you just say that you have EIGHT children? Like, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 EIGHT! Kids? Bless your heart. I thought that my 1 and my dead sister's 4 made a houseful, but Jesus Christ! 8 Kids?!
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote