Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 11:41 AM   #16246 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I thought that gun control meant keeping your aim steady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
You take away the guns you'll just get people throwing acid on eachother's faces like they do over in the U.K.
^ Clearly it's Dark Humour Day on MB.

Yes, Anteater, that's a pretty grisly innovation in violent crime, courtesy of the Brits, but if this guy had been throwing acid out the hotel window, at least the death count would've been lower:-

__________________________________________________ ____________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
1. Blaming California's fires on Trump is about as scientific as Republicans rejecting climate change.
^ You' re right, it sounds like a real stretch and I'm not sure I'd make that exact claim, but:-

i) Trump is overseeing policies that exacerbate global warming, which is generally agreed to be a factor contributing to more frequent and more devastating forest fires.
ii) He's also responsible for removing $10 million* from FEMA's annual budget, thus impeding their ability to respond to natural disasters.

* The money has been reallocated to ICE, and in fact:
Quote:
The transfer was a part of more than $200 million the Department of Homeland Security moved from the budgets of other agencies to ICE’s detention and removals.
source: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/12/u...detention.html