Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #22268 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

I'm actually just now figuring out that it wasn't supposed to be a comedy, and it's kinda breaking my heart

I've never misinterpreted a movie so hard before, and it's ****ing surreal, but yeah, everyone online is talking about how scary it was

But like, how was this supposed to be a straight horror? Every single moment, every inflection of every line of dialogue, had such perfectly awkward comedic timing

The part where the stupid stoner guy drives his sister's face into a telephone pole destroyed my gut

And then the mom makes a ****ing diorama of her daughter's death. "It's just a neutral vantage of her getting killed!"

And the part where the mom casually drops that she woke up from a sleepwalk standing over her kids, covering them with paint thinner, and lighting a match

And that evil mastermind Joan lady? "OH HEY, FRIEND! LET'S HAVE A SEANCE! JUST READ THIS OBVIOUSLY EVIL INCANTATION. I DON'T KNOW WHAT LANGUAGE IT IS, BUT IT'S GREAT!"

And the look on the dad's face when his wife tells him her mom's headless corpse is chilling in the attic

Like, **** me, I'm not even trying to be a jerk, I really truly had a great time laughing along with this movie, and now it turns out that I was actually laughing at it, and I'm conflicted
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote