Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #27091 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Sadly not filthy rich, so I got these instead of the above:

Beth Orton - Daybreaker

Folk/songwriter with electronic elements. Usually with a sort of americana/south states feel. Her albums are usually very atmospheric, but in a very subtle way. Never heard this one, but I've liked everything I have heard from her so far.

Julia Holter - In The Same Room

One of the very few things Anthony Fantano managed to make me interested in. I watch his channel all the time, but barely ever bought anything he's been praising. Odd, actually. But I'm excited to hear her new album one day. I bought an older album first though, since I want to hear the contrast to some of her previous work when I finally get the new album she released very recently.

Elanor Friedberger - Last Summer

Don't remember her style and sound at all, but her albums are on lists of CDs I want to get. So... Gonna be interesting to hear why I put her on those lists some time ago. I will have to trust the judgment of my past self.

Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood / The Tigers Have Spoken

Two of the last few albums I'm missing from Neko Case. Haven't heard an album from her yet that wasn't at least a 9/10, so I'm excited to hear these two. Even in a worst case scenario, you still have her incredible singing voice.

Last edited by MicShazam; 11-15-2018 at 02:59 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote