Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you consider AC/DC music to be GENERIC rock or not?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 08:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Yes, absolutely, and I don't think it's necessarily a negative thing to say about their music. The general definition of generic is "relating to a class or group of things; not specific", there is nothing that AC/DC has done (that I've ever heard at least) that other rock bands haven't been doing since the birth of hard rock, they just do it their way and it works magnitudes better than most who try to do it the same way.

AC/DC naturally fell into a formula that was wildly successful for them, they were born to play the music that they play and they know it, there was a never a reason to adventure outside of that niche, at least not within the entity that is AC/DC. But there is nothing unusual about their formula, it's one of the most simplified and unadventurous formulas in the history of rock and roll, and there's nothing wrong with that because they do it so god damn well.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote