Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you Writing now?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 08:47 PM   #734 (permalink)
windsock
Softest Bullet Ever Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I've read your website / online magazine [whatever you want to call it]. You could extrapolate your writing skills to lots of other genres.
Certainly. I couldn't, in good conscience, focus my writing to a specific genre. Like I said, I hate repeating myself, and I would likely do so if I just wrote about say progressive rock.

In my ideal scenario I would hone my video editing skills to create music-related video essays about the aforementioned topics. Unfortunately like I said I don't have the time nor the constitution to do so. But that is my perfect world.

Ultimately The Frying Pan is at a weird time right now, where I'm still trying to figure out what the hell it actually contributes. Much of the content produced thus far mainly stems from me being stuck in the "reviewer" mindset I cultivated over the years by spending time on sites that revolved around user-created reviews. I've only just begun to realize that I'm not a critic, I'm just a music fan. And what would best suit a role for a music fan? Well as a music fan my main drive is to consume, so I believe that that role would be creating content geared towards others who want to consume, music fans or not. It is a much more interesting and fruitful endeavor than judging the work of others I cannot reproduce myself (that's not to say I won't praise things I like and **** on things I don't in settings like these).

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote