Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #27112 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Next up: Wham! (no idea what to expect, frankly)
Turns out there's a reason why people only remember a couple of their songs. George Michael had one hell of a voice, but Wham! was a questionable outlet for said voice. So much corny production everywhere. Makes me happy the 80's are long gone. I still like Last Christmas, but that one isn't even on an album, so it's safe to say their albums suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
Good album. If you like it check out Melodrama, which I believe to be a superior followup.
I wanna get a full impression of Pure Heroine first, but if I like it at all, Melodrama would follow eventually no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
TBH that album's kinda gimmicky. It's got some fantastic hooks but it tries so hard to sound like a modern 80s pop album that it doesn't have much personality, and the production is bland to boot. I think the solidness of at least some songs combined with the different approach suckered in a lot of people. Madonna's Confessions on the Dance Floor does a lot of the same things while being a lot better.
That pretty much describes my take on that 80's flavored Taylor Swift album that everyone was raving about a few years ago. I thought it was a thin cup of tea and stuffed in too many shallow 80's cliches instead of just trying to focus on solid songs. There's still not one single Swift album I can get along with.

I guess I've liked some songs off that Madonna album. Moments on the album kinda did Abba better than they did themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
That's just a silly little fun album. Approved.
Hollaback Girl is pretty annoying though. But I'll survive it.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote