Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 01:09 PM   #27113 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
That pretty much describes my take on that 80's flavored Taylor Swift album that everyone was raving about a few years ago. I thought it was a thin cup of tea and stuffed in too many shallow 80's cliches instead of just trying to focus on solid songs. There's still not one single Swift album I can get along with.
I love the first half or two thirds of 1989. It tries to be 80s cause pop in general was trying to be 80s at the time (maybe still today I don't know) but doesn't dive so headfirst that you roll your eyes. And the songs are pop majesty so **** you. This is one of the absolute jams of the last decade of pop. I love how Taylor is being self-aware while also unintentionally showing that no matter how self-aware she tries to be she's still crazy. Not that I would know anything about that.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote