Music Banter - View Single Post - JTF's Own Personal Artistic Hell Gauntlet
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 02:54 AM   #98 (permalink)
Justthefacts
President spic

For Your Consideration

The end of the year is nearly kaput. Adios 2018! It's only fair we maybe start discussing the best films of the year. Off the top of my dome, I'll name off the best films I've seen this year and predict what the oscars might nominate for best picture. And periodically predict other categories, or maybe not I honestly don't care. Off the top here we go personal favorites:

Large List of Honorable Mentions: Mandy, Mom And Dad, A Prayer Before Dawn, Isle Of Dogs, The Rider, Hold The Dark, Halloween, Blindspotting, Searching, Beast, Sweet Country, Ready Player One, Overlord, Borg Vs. McEnroe, Upgrade, American Animals, Annihilation, The Night Eats The World, The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs

5.) Hereditary. The Exorcist is the best horror film ever made. Until now

4.) The Death Of Stalen. If there's one person who could pull a film like this off, it's Ianucci. I didn't think anything got funnier than In The Loop, but Ianucci seemed to have topped his own bar.

3.) Blackkklansman. Spike Lee hasn't been this black since Do The Right Thing. He's finally created his masterpiece. Lee's always been a fine director, but the labor of love is so deeply felt, not to mention Denzel Washington's son.

2.) You Were Never Really Here. JoaquĆ­n Phoenix might over act a bit here and there, but this is a near perfect film. The chick who directed We Need To Talk About Kevin finally follows up with her interpretation of a Travis Bickle like character, and it's a completely understated masterpiece.

1.) First Reformed. This. This is a film. The best performance of the year still goes to Ethan Hawke. Not to mention his beautiful narration throughout parts of the film. And the story, and the writing, and the direction, and cinematography. The most well made film that absolutely deserves to win best picture. Not just be nominated, but win.

The films I predict to be nominated for best picture are as follows:
Blackkklansman
First Reformed
Roma
Hereditary
Vice
Green Book
First Man

If Hereditary isn't nominated for Best Pic, I'll never have faith in the academy. Horror has encroached our society and lifestyle that maybe, just maybe the Academy can consider such a wild card and continue to spice things up year after year.
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote