Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 02:36 PM   #22360 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Not as funny as Hereditary, but very fun and entertaining.

Overcoming childhood trauma was an interesting angle for them to take. Beyond that, it's a ****ing slasher flick, you get exactly what you heated your popcorn up for.

I kind of miss the way old horror movies were shot, how they would just show **** happening and the story unfolding without the camera stopping on a person sneezing in an upside down hallway with gaudy lighting for twenty minutes while someone sits on a dreamy synthesizer, because art.

Jk, I still love arty horror flicks. I just hope they don't go the way of Prog Rock and become hilariously constrained self parodies that entirely miss the point of what they were supposed to be in the first place.

And hey, I'll take a standard arty flick over the waves of ****ing cheapo modern horror cash-ins anyday. It's like people making low budget garbage films forgot how to do anything but insert godawful CGI and make millenial jokes. Seriously, how do these movies somehow look worse than movies made twenty years before with half the budget?
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------

Last edited by Oriphiel; 11-20-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote