Music Banter - View Single Post - The Spam Thread: Channel Your Need to Spam Here Only
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 11:54 PM   #21161 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitron View Post
Looks like it would fit right in with 80's Amiga/Commodore/DOS games. Is it a RPG?

I've always been interested in the idea of making my own game, but I just don't have the motivation and drive to really learn how to do it. Music is my main passion, so I'd rather devote my time to something that I know I can do rather than something that I have no idea if I would even be any good at it.

Though I do sometimes create my own Doom maps, if that counts for anything.
Yeah, it's an RPG of sorts. 1-on-1 turn based combat, but with somewhat different rules than what you'd usually see in old RPG's. There's a whole bunch of little mechanical tweaks that makes the combat system a little different from what the game is inspired by (which is 80's and early 90's computer RPGs).

I'm no programmer, but the game engine I'm using is very simple. It does have a coding language that I've had to learn, but it's pretty basic.

And I'd like to play those Doom maps if you've got some finished ones online! I love making maps for games. Used to do that all the time back in the day for a variety of DOS games.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote