Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #57842 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I called my boss a ****ing dickhead today because he took the garbage can I was using and that I bagged up myself. I also took it back. It’s the culture of our restaurant that if you fetch something yourself you have dibs on it. Even over a chef.

Then when I was eating a burger on break I ****ing dropped it. I had to wait two more hours to get a chance to make another one.

Then I cut the **** out of my thumb on the knuckle. I was bleeding all over. It added almost an hour to my work day cleaning it, bandaging it and then working gingerly around it. Still ****ing hurts.

Still it was a pretty good day.

Merit, **** everyone ****ting on you. You did the right thing.
You've built yourself around being a person who doesn't have children. I imagine you'd agree and shout from the rooftops that you shouldn't have children. That's not an insult, I'm just saying that your lack of dependents gives you a freedom to act in a way that others can't since they have others to put before themselves. To be honest I'd say that having children is in many ways a trap that forces you to sublimate, not only your desires, but your ethics for the sake of their well-being. Parents are often seen as the leaders of society as they have taken on the responsibility of perpetuating and molding the future, but they're kind of prisoners of their culture in a very unshakable way. Perhaps you should remember that before insisting that someone raising children (like Merit) should act as you would.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote