Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2018 (Nominations)
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 08:32 AM   #307 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
What I grew up with shaped a lot of what I'm going for in music, even as I explore and widen my horizons. I'm mostly listening to pretty modern music. Very few records in my collection that are from before the 80's. I've never taken an interest in 50's popular music, really. Whatever 50's rock/pop I've absorbed over the years rarely did anything to grab my interest. You can definitely draw lines from what I got into in the 90's when I was a teenager, to much of what I'm into now.

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not the guy on this forum who is most invested in voraciously consuming every rarity released in the 50's and 60's.

At this point, I think I own zero 50's albums and that 90% of the CD's I have that are from the 60's are Joan Baez albums.

I've got truckloads of 90's albums. I don't think that's a coincidence w.r.t. my musical environment as a teen.
You seemed to like the Dave Tarras stuff I shared with you a while back and that was from the 20s or 30s. I have faith in your ability to enjoy music from before the 80s that isn't Joan Baez.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote