Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Awards 2018 (Nominations)
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 11:39 AM   #346 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Scotty Moore was decent guitar player. I have tons of respect for him. What piqued my curiosity for Scotty? He was cited by a few guitar players I liked. Guitar players are always good for recs.

Fans and haters all paint Elvis in a different light. Bottom line for me: Elvis is fun. If you hate Elvis then I hold suspect for hating fun.
Otherwise you never would have heard of him.

There is no hate, only disdain. Ray Barracks had Elvis Presley Mess Hall, an Elvis shrine, and the same barber that cut his hair was still working the chair when I was there. He cut my hair. Have you ever had a military hair cut? Then, there's Bad Nauheim, the little village where him and 'Cilla met, which is right next to Friedburg where Ray Barracks used to sit, and lemme tell ya, you couldn't walk 2 blocks without seeing some sort of reference to the busted lip crooner. Over-saturation during my time in the service destroyed any notion of me ever enjoying his music, and even at that, there wasn't much there after being exposed to it by fat, drunk, polyester wearing imbecilic fanboys when I was a kid. Sure, the musicians are great, I mean what do you expect, he was a star and he's gonna get the star treatment. It's his image that gets the full brunt of my contempt.

I am a fun person, and to that I say: Good day to you, sir.