Music Banter - View Single Post - Movies You Should Know Because (I Think) They rule
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Saw, 2004

Well it's not exactly the most elusive pick, but I feel like the original Saw could be dismissed by some without given a chance. Either way I think it rules.

I can confess to somewhat writing it off myself, but it turned out to be quite a surprising and suffocating film. After this I watched the rest of the series, and that was a bitch. Beforehand I pretty much expected it to be the same as I'd eventually learn the sequels to be. But despite that trainwreck of a sentence, Saw is an enigma of its own, totally unlike the rest.

I was quite floored by the atmosphere, blind sided by the suspense, and appreciative of the minimalism. I need to revisit it cuz right now I'm drawing a blank trying to recollect all the content stuffed into such a small zone. Grim, grimy, and claustrophobic, Saw is an atmospheric triumph and (I dunno if this is really true but I'ma say it anyway) underrated slab of modern horror.

Now if only Cary Elwes would've hit a Robin Hood: Men in Tights reference before cutting off his leg.

"Prepare for the saw scene!"

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote