Music Banter - View Single Post - Movies You Should Know Because (I Think) They rule
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Paris, Texas, 1984

Let's get a tad deeper cuz this a truly remarkable film deserving of much more than a small blurb.

A man walks fatigued out of the desert with seemingly no recollection of anything and refuses to talk for the longest time. We've heard it before, right? Well, granted this movie is simple in structure, it's immensely complex on an emotional and personal level. After reuniting with his brother's family, including the son he left behind after the disappearance, this turns into a man's humble quest to reunite the rest of his family.

Paris, Texas is an emotional tour de force, a gripping depiction of a sort of repentance, but above all the metamorphosis of selfishness into selflessness. It's unbelievable how far it goes.

In addition to the feelings, this movie is an absolute stylistic stunner. Vast desert landscapes and at times a look almost reminiscent of Fallout: New Vegas, well the other way around I guess. The pacing and length might be admittedly grueling for casual film watchers, but there's so much vast beauty in ever aspect to become immersed within.

Paris, Texas will break your heart then mend it again.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote