Music Banter - View Single Post - Brits Vs Yanks
Thread: Brits Vs Yanks
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2006, 01:33 PM   #440 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog

Im honestly a little slighted that I have to explain this, further questions can be PMed or AIMed to me. And if anyone wants to complain about my conduct in this thread start one in the "Suggestions" forum just so we stay on topic here.
^ Unnecessary.
I've been following this thread from the beginning and found myself agreeing with most of the opinions posted, but then I would seeing as the whole thread, by default, can never be anything more than subjective.

Whether you are American or British, it can't be denied that both nations have produced some brilliant and ground breaking bands over the last 50 years and have so in a consistent and prolific manner.
I know this seems like an obvious statement, but it's obvious that some here have missed this simple point.

I for one would be gutted if some of the American bands had never happened. The influence American bands have had on British music goes without question. The influence some British bands have had on which direction popular music has taken over the years, can never be underestimated.

I believe music in general would be nothing near as good as it is now, if these two countries didn't bounce of each other in the way they have over the years.

American artistry and British imagination.
IMO.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote