Music Banter - View Single Post - Why are the Brits so good at music ?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
bogey_j
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels_of_Fire View Post
Why are the Brits so good at music ? One American asks . . .

That is a question I gave to a full English girl about 20 years ago.

While eating dinner in a social setting, this question occurred to me that so very many exceptional groups have come out of the British Isles. It has not been limited to just what we call the 'first' or 'second' British invasions. But really during and ever since WW2 there has been an outflow of incredible musical talent from the UK. That musical talent has been very well received on this side of the pond.

So naturally, after a few cold glasses of fermented barley water, I had to present this issue as a question to the wife of a friend. She being a full-on Brit would certainly have a rational answer.

Here is what she said. 'You have to understand, in the UK there is not a lot to do in the evenings. Typically a groups of friends will visit a local pub and listen to whatever live local band was playing. This provides the stimulus for other like minded musicians to give it a go. You end up with a large bunch of music enthusiasts which generates an even larger base of future music makers who try their own hand at making something new.'

Thoughts ?
stop sucking british dick
bogey_j is offline   Reply With Quote