Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #203 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Bumping because, like architecture itself, it should be difficult to escape from this thread entirely. Probably, as you read this, you are sitting in a piece of architure already and even if you rush outside, you'll have to shut your eyes to avoid seeing more of the stuff.

If you are sitting at home, I wonder how you like your house? Mine is more or less like one of these:-

It's unexceptional and too modern for my liking, but it's practical and, as it's only rented, I can console myself by dreaming of the day I buy Hadlow Tower in S E England:-

^ This is a private home, built rather whimsically in the Victorian era. Does it remind anyone else of the more famous Burj Khalifa Tower? Burj K is on a slightly grander scale of course, but its designers seem to have followed some similar engineering principles, especially in chosing a shape for max stability and wind resistance:-

(My house, in comparison, adopts the Shycouch approach to wind resistance: Huddle down with everyone else and perhaps the wind won't notice you. )