Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 08:58 PM   #58055 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I always say "cannabis."

Calling it what it is helps bring it into the mainstream and aid the efforts of those trying to get it legaized / decriminalized.
I don't use "cannabis." I'm straight edge. I am not advocating people get hooked on drugs or anything like that. So I'm only going saying this in a most objective way as possible.

Never heard anyone call it "cannabis" in any movie going back to the 30s up till now - citing movies as historical records. I mean if they did I don't remember. The problem isn't that "cannabis" is not popular enough due to slang names to be called mainstream.

Right now it is still not legal from a gov't pov. and when you think about it that doesn't deter people from using it. Slang names and gov't's war on drugs doesn't deter use. Bottom line: Marijuana/"cannabis" doesn't have a PR problem with its users. <- this should be obvious. If it becomes "mainstream" it's not going to be for the benefit of the "underground." It only going to reap profits for big business and be just another thing the government can make money on with taxes. Say a low end estimation of a pack of cannabis cigarettes is about roughly $40, you can guarantee a tax like $10. You only end up paying $50 so you can be carded and tracked how much "pot" you (not you specifically) smokes. So the push to legalize is only a push to strengthen big business' profit margin, an oppressive government and the industrial/military complex. Glad to see what side you're really on.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote