Music Banter - View Single Post - Christmas 2018
Thread: Christmas 2018
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 08:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

One of the most difficult aspects of this time of year is having to hear "All I Want For Christmas Is You" after losing a loved one. I can understand how it can be a difficult time for some in many ways, and it really boils down to being just a distraction as the winter months come crashing in for a lot of people. I try to focus on the positives in life and reflect that back to others, and not waste my time dwelling on the negativity and ultra-consumerism that it's become, as it's very easy to get caught up in a downward spiral and ultimately let a depressive state take hold. There was a time when I was a homeless drug addict and living in a ghetto ready to just end it during this time of year, but through the kindness of others, they plucked me out of that hell and showed me compassion and the true meaning of the word giving, which is what it's all about. Giving freely to others doesn't even have to be something physical, and it also doesn't have to be compartmentalized into one section of time. Even just a little understanding and compassion can go a long way.