Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #263 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ That video does a good job of presenting info in an entertaining way: I liked the conversations in the bath: "Why is racist paranoia so compelling to you when all the climate science in the world just bounces off your skull?".
I thought it was a mistake to show the sea as the villain though: surely much better to have pointed the finger at the "100 companies that produce 70% of carbon emissions"
Be real though. Do you think at this point with the current global climate of politics and (lack of) commitment it would be more productive to be politically active or do you think it would be more in your best interest to start stockpiling perishable foods and weapons? Like for actual real in a way you'd be willing to bet large sums of money on. Assuming you live another hundred years do you really think that however the world happens to be given reasonable likelihood that your efforts would be more productive trying to save the world or trying to save yourself?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote