Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello
Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by philae View Post
Not a huge fan. There are some tidbits I enjoyed, but the whole of it sounds too much like this for my tastes.
Right on. Kinda figured that you were talking more along the lines of more "traditional" (that word doesn't feel right but you get what I mean) post-industrial than the stuff that's closer aligned to UK bass. You May still enjoy the ambient end of it a la Chino Amobe.

Quote:
What sort of stuff do you like, though?
I really try to get something out of all forms of music but I bend towards experimental music. Big fan of modern classical, hip-hop (mostly abstract stuff but trap bangers rule too), free improvisation, death/black/avant-garde metal, drone, avant-pop, experimental rock, post punk, American Primitivism, indigenous folk music, deconstructed club, flamenco nuevo, drone, and more. Mount Rushmore for me would probably be Captain Beefheart, Coltrane, John Cage, and This Heat (band= 1 face btw). These are all the records that I liked from 2018.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote