Music Banter - View Single Post - Passionate For Music!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Karengirl
Music Addict

Smile Hip-Hop/alt/rock

Not too well-versed in hip-hop, but I do like some crossover stuff. Tom Morello (Audioslave and Rage Against The Machine)-Exceptional guitarist. RAGM is too angry for me; like Audioslave better. TM put out a new release a couple months' ago "Atlas Underground"and there's some rap artists on it.

Also, Mike Shinoda's new release might interest you: "Post Traumatic", since he's part rapper and singer of Linkin Park. This is his solo working through his grief over Chester Bennington (RIP) and it's some outstanding accoomplishment.

From hearing MS song "Make It Up As I Go" w/K. Flay I purch. her "Everywhere Is Somewhere" CD. She's genre-defying (and I like that). Since you like Garbage, too, I think you'd definitely like her. One reviewer described as If Garbage, Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) and Lorde had a baby, it would be K. Flay! and I think that's as good as description as any, b/c she really is unlike anyone before her!

Since you like Oasis, I hadn't listened to their last release all that much and have just pulled it out again. Dig Out Your Soul. I'm enjoying all over again.
While they called it their most psychedelic, I really think it's more of their most rockin' record, with just 2 songs really sounding psych. When I think of psych., in today's music, I think of Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Black Angels (not a particular fan; I don't much like psycheldic).

I've also currently been into Catherine Wheel (90s throwback). They were sometimes pegged as "shoegaze" but not really. I don't like shoegaze, but I do like them. I've also been big into Kasabian, Razorlight (esp. "Olympus Sleeping" new October '18) and Metric (esp. newest "Art of Doubt") and Blue Stones (Black Holes..Solid Ground) over last couple of months. Hope some of this info's helpful....I came here to discuss and share info!
Karengirl is offline   Reply With Quote