Music Banter - View Single Post - Opting Out Of Parenthood
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 03:23 AM   #221 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Over simplification of it.

It's a life long obligation that isn't just financial. Even if it was, a lot of people don't have the finances to take care of it. Here in America, the courts are ruthless towards fathers. Nobody should be thrust into parenthood with no control over the matter. It's not just bad for the parent, but much worse for the kid. I don't agree, at all, that a huge decision that drastically affects two people's lives should be made solely by one person. That doesn't mean the pregnant one has no say at all. It means both people have to agree on a solution.

I'd agree much more with OH's solution but I personally don't want my DNA to taint the gene pool.

Denying people the right to have sex because they aren't ready for parenthood is dumb too. If anything it's people who don't take the precautions to prevent unwanted kids that shouldn't have sex.
If you don't have a solution then you're de facto a men's rights activist when you argue your point. I mean what are you even arguing for? The right to bitch? Yeah it sucks but there's no fixing it without a magic abortion button that isn't harmful or invasive to the mother.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote