Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #200 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I haven't forgotten about that Frownland album. It's just that I hate listening to it, so it's a slow process trying to get any kind of grasp on it.

Meanwhile, here's some listenable music:

MYRKUR - Juniper (Official Music Video)

New Myrkur! Still not sure if I like her music that much actually, but I do own that album that was recorded as a live choir performance with no black metal instrumentation.

This song (from a short EP, I believe) takes a folky direction and I think I dig it. Not a black metal fan really, in case you never noticed.

JINJER - Dreadful Moments (Official Lyric Video) | Napalm Records

I ordered this EP yesterday. It's out January 2019. I like the more proggy direction they're taking things in. Not that this is regular prog metal or prog rock. Oh god no. This is metalcore with proggy tendencies and it's such a cool combo.

Saintseneca - "Pillar of Na"

Interesting singer song writer thing. It's a dude! Bet that surprises you, given that it's me who posted it. Discovered it because I subscribed to the label Neko Case is at (Anti Records). I like some of the sonic elements of this a lot. Kinda unlike any other contemporary album I remember hearing. Looks backwards to the 60's and early 70's a lot. But without feeling retro in an affected manner. Very clear recording quality that sounds contemporary, but with some sounds that recall folk artists like for example Vashti Bunyan. Later in the song, it starts recalling Smashing Pumpkins more than any 60's music. Interesting!

The Kut - Mind Games

I've posted this a few times already here and there. No one ever reacted to it. I think it's fantastic. Come on! Listen to it and tell me what you think!

Last edited by MicShazam; 12-09-2018 at 01:21 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote