Music Banter - View Single Post - Brexit? Yay or Nay.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 08:08 PM   #728 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
Thank you Lisna & Fluff for getting me in the loop. I think most people around here are burying their heads in the sand and pretending it’s not happening.
^ Thanks FETCHER - unfortunately, since trying to explain things, and as events develop, I find myself more and more baffled.

I still think the Brits - sometimes it's the people, sometimes it's the politicians - I still think they're being irresponsible about what they're rejecting. They don't want to be in the EU, they don't want May's compromise Brexit deal and they don't want to crash out without a deal. What else is there? Is there a real possibility of a second referendum? If so, you're right, Fluff: it only makes sense to have Remain as an option again. What if the EU are true to their word and refuse to consider any other deal than the one they've already agreed to? Why is Boris Johnson even suggesting a different deal? And what exactly is the backstop?

Whatever's going on, the world is not impressed and the pound has gone down to it's lowest value in 20 months, which makes me wonder if the British aren't like a family squabbling in a car, not noticing that the car is perilously close to heading off a cliff...