View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 11:57 PM   #274 (permalink)
Neapolitan
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
Your parents failed you?
I recall a story Donald Trump once told. The story went something like this: when he turned 18 or 21 (forget his exact age) his father gave him a million dollars. But the way Trump told the story he made it sound like his father only given him (Donald) a million (as if his father was obligated to give him more than a million) and he also made it sound like his father just threw him out into the world without a safety net. When Donald Trump tells that story you can hear by the tone of his voice how his father failed him. I am only conveying this to show no matter if you're rich or poor - even if you become president - you're going to feel like your parents failed you.

[MERIT] bottom line: just assume everybody's parents failed them, and then you won't have the inclination to ask such personal questions. idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote