Music Banter - View Single Post - Official MMA Appreciation Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 10:51 AM   #207 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Rez View Post
In a perfect world no rounds, no gloves, kicks to down opponents, and hellbows are all allowed. However the sport will never improve and grow without being able to be seen by a mainstream audience on tv.
The 12-to-6 elbow rule is utter bullshit and probably the stupidest regulation ever implemented. I disagree about the no-gloves thing, though. It's easy as fuck to mess up your hand and wrist whilst throwing a punch. When I competed, I always used as much tape and gauze as I could get away with! I agree with the no-rounds concept, as well. A fight is a fight, let it play out! I am also in favor of an ABSOLUTE division in MMA, similar to BJJ, where fighters, regardless of size, can fight one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Rez View Post
All in all I would not say that grappling or striking is better than the other. The ability to force the fight up or down is truly where the power is. It allows you to chose the skillsets needed for a fight. This is why we saw Rousey take such a nosedive.
The ability to dictate how the fight unfolds is definitely a huge key to victory, regardless of fighting style. Rousey had too many people telling her that her that her shit don't stank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Jones vs. Gustafsson predictions?
I WANT Gustafsson to win, because Jones is such an egomaniac asshole, but I don't see it happening. I think it will go the distance and see Jones get the W.

Last edited by [MERIT]; 12-13-2018 at 10:58 AM.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote