Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 10:31 AM   #15912 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Most high school teachers are thinking along those lines but you can’t do anything when the entire system is dysfunctional. You can’t teach the basics, you can’t mentor, you can’t teach a trade. I’m talking about the school to prison pipeline, though. I think this discussion is more about middle class kids going to college only to find themselves in debt and no way back into the middle class they were raised in. Solution: Take a few trillion out of the hidden pentagon budget. Provide health care inluding MENTAL health care for everyone. Provide nutritious food and quality health care in schools. Provide universal basic income for everyone. Make education free and diverse, from trades to philosophy.
I don't understand why we don't at least have some meaningful partnership with trade schools to get the kids who probably aren't going to college somewhere other than the service industry. That seems like a pretty basic ****ing idea.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote