Music Banter - View Single Post - windsock is a fascist (PROOF)
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #138 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
@Kiii

Cats With Hats - Twins

This album (more of an EP with that length) is basically 16 minutes of auditory claustrophobia and psychological horror. It's one of the more angular and computerized noise records I've heard in recent memory, with discordant, shrill tones stuttering painfully along to harsh walls of dark ambient. Twins sounds like the soundtrack to an IBM laptop's worst nightmare.

While such a sound isn't really my cup of tea, the overload of dissonance on the part of the aforementioned synths gives the occasional melody quite a bit of weight. The best example of this is at the end of 'Nobody Else is Here', where the distortion suddenly disperses, shifting the backing piano melody to the forefront and similarly shifting itself to the distant background. It's the occasional moments where the insane takes a turn for the sane that shine the most on this record.

Overall though the sonic horror that this album utilizes is a bit too much to handle in a single sitting, both in how jarring it is and how it gets a bit samey by the time you reach track 5. Still, it's not horrible for a noise record.

My biggest gripe with it is the cover art. Why the **** can I see the pixels, Kiii? Export it to PNG you buffoon.
Thank you for listening! I appreciate the honesty. And idgaf about pixels so deal with it.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote