Music Banter - View Single Post - Exo's Record Shop
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #170 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Blog time...

This is the way I have my shop set up...

Left Side: New Arrivals(Regardless of genre or artist), bargain ($3/$4/$5), Jazz, Wall stuff.

Middle: $1 records

Right Side: Alphabetical store stock.

Once things get through the new arrivals, they get filed away. A lot of stores are set up this way. Actually, I'd say about 90% of used record stores do it like this. The bargain records are organized by price.

I've been noticing for weeks, since it's Christmas season, that people have not been understanding why the new arrival and bargain sections are not organized. Certain artists like such as Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Moody Blues, can only really be sold for $1. They go there automatically. This has been a common question lately...

"Do you have any James Taylor?"

I tell them to check the dollar bins. They ask if they're organized. I say no, they're all a dollar.

"So I have to just look and hope it's there?"

Yes lady. I'm not spending hours organizing the dollar bins. It happens with new arrivals too. People ask for artists and I tell them that a few records of theirs just came in last week and to check the new arrival bins. Well, they're in a hurry so if I could just get them. Look, I get it. I get how this should be a normal request. But this isn't Barnes and Noble. We're basically a thrift store that doubles as a functional record store. Alphabetical just really isn't what we do.

I just wanted to bitch. Thanks.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote