Music Banter - View Single Post - Universal Basic Income or Class Warfare
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #525 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
this is comparable how?

I can't see why it's even worth mentioning
You're making a blanket statement about rich people that doesn't apply to every rich person as a form of propaganda. Then probably moving the goal post by saying that you're not truly rich unless you're this rich. If you're talking about the 1% I agree that they are immoral. But when you say rich I also think of a big house and a few cars. Not just being comfortable but living in excess. I don't agree with that statement at that point and what you're doing is the same as what they do to the poor.

I also don't agree that taking advantage of the excess that's available to you while others starve is as immoral as you'd think unless you're taking the food directly from their mouths. Point is, what ever you contribute is going to make very little impact on the state of hunger or poverty in the world. To really make a change you have to reform the way the world works. So why deny yourself the indulgence that's afforded to you out of guilt for something that's neither your fault nor in your control? Especially since we both know that if the roles were reversed they'd most likely behave the same way. Of course there is a point where you're making so much money that you can live in both excess and contribute towards charity in which case it'd be immoral not to.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote