Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 06:44 AM   #212 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

That's a bunch of nice pictures, Fluff, all on the theme of buildings illuminated at night. TBH it's not my favourite way to look at buildings, as a fair bit of colour and detail is lost. Still, a well designed building should look good in all circumstances, and in your photos at least, the buildings you chose past the test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Managed to see some of the progress on some buildings being constructed right now and they're coming along very nicely, and took a couple of pictures of a couple of my favourite new buildings here also. There's a few I didn't get to see though.

^ I think these first two were my favourites; the second, not so much for the building as for your very well-composed photo, which has caught a canal boat and the reflections of elec light in the water. Nice.

^ There's something very satisfying in the way this building goes round the corner without any break in the pattern of the facade. It works the same way that a slatted place mat can either be flat on the table or rolled up. That's good design; simple but effective for the purpose in hand.

I wasn't quite so keen on the JLP building tbh. It seems like a lot of glare, a lot of electricity to illuminate what? A drab staircase that you might find in any Underground railway station...