Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #15999 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I agree with you on these points:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
He knows Syria’s a loser and doesn’t want to be LBJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Not only that, there's really no right answer with Syria PR-wise. The media will call him a puppet of either the Saudis or Putin.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Wouldn't agree on these though:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If he wanted to deflect he’d amp up US presence in Syria not withdraw
^ To judge from tonight's news, withdrawal has done the trick of deflection, and it also ties in with his campaign promises. It even superficially plays into the notion that Trump is solving America's overseas problems: North Korea: sorted, ISIS: finished. Unfortunately, neither is true.

Quote:
Like me, he doesn’t care about the news cycle because it doesn’t affect him

All this “bad week” **** on TV doesn’t phase him - he’s not going to jail and the same people love him and the same people hate him
^ It's widely reported that, like me, he is addicted to watching cable news channels, and it's also possible that he is already, or in the future will be under sealed indictment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
They write the headlines beforehand and just fill in the blanks on key nouns when it comes time to publish.
^That's a neat remark, Anteater, but it doesn't stand up to any serious scrutiny of course.