Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 06:06 AM   #217 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ That's a nice addition to the streetscape, [MERIT]. In England we often give irreverent nicknames to bits of architecture: as I think as Fluff has mentioned we have the Gerkin and the Walkie-Talkie among others. In the same spirit, I wonder if people in Columbia call your structure "the Keyhole"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Very cool exo-structure Lisna. A creative approach to lessen the impact of an otherwise bland industrialized form. I drew up a few sub-stations in my time with a well known power company here in the states. Seems like a lifetime ago. They were tucked back away from the sprawling metropolis's so they were just cookie-cutter, more-function-than-form style. I've been drafting for so long and with so many different companies, I forget exactly what I've done sometimes (all the drugs I've done doesn't help either lol). Looking into this thread sometimes helps jar the memories, so thank you for that.

Edit: I should be thanking Fluff, actually.
^ Thanks Plankton - you make me wish I'd thought of "exo-structure" myself.
You and me both on the drafting! Although I've stopped now, I spent 13 years man and boy at the drawing board. So many projects and buildings that I've forgotten most of them. Not that I was doing grand design stuff: looking back it seems that I was usually put in charge of sorting out staircases or toilets, though I did have a few more challenging responsibilities too.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

In this thread, I keep coming back to Plankton's Arch as one of my favourite photos here:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
It's very pleasing, with its modest size, its mix of styles and the warm, contrasting colours of the roof and stonework. I also like the fact that it's an entrance arch that leads nowhere, so that we are forced to see it for what it now is: a piece of Art for Art's sake. For structures of equal or greater charm, it's worth going back to Fluff's OP photos as well.