Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #706 (permalink)
Key

[If you are in any way afraid of this game being spoiled for you, don't read this entry. I'm going to be talking about some things in detail. Just giving a warning.]

Assassins Creed Odyssey: Part II [6 Hours In...That Was Just The Intro?]

So yeah, I'm still playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and every single time I've played it, I've caught myself saying "man, this is ****ing amazing" at a ton of ****. As you see from the title, I'm about 6 hours into the game right now and my character is almost level 8. I've already done dozens of quests, fought tons of enemies, fought bosses, discovered new places, found amazing equipment, and once I was done in the area I was in (which I didn't realize was just the starting area) I took a bigger look at the map and realized just what I've gotten myself into. This was a combination of feelings much like what I felt when I played Divinity Original Sin II and Breath of the Wild. The fact that Assassins Creed Odyssey started the game with a 6+ hour prologue of sorts, it really shines once you realize how massive this game is. I hadn't zoomed out of the map that much because there wasn't much of it available at the start, but once I was able to zoom out more, this is what I was struck by:

Spoiler for map:
[IMG][/IMG]

It felt really good and it made me realize how much time I'm going to spend on this game. I want to explore every little nook and cranny and find all the secrets. I've been struck by this game over and over again by just how beautiful it all is. Once again, still playing with zero performance issues or lag spikes. I've been in groups of 6 to 7 enemies before with all the buildings loaded in in high detail, and still no frame drops. Ubisoft really took their time with this and really wanted to make this an unbelievable experience. So far, that's been the case. I'll keep updating as I progress. Whenever I'm not playing this, I'm looking forward to the next time I will play it. There's just something magical here and I'm glad I decided to take the risk and give it a shot. I really didn't know what I was getting into or what to expect because again, I've not played an Assassins Creed game in quite some time. This is truly a wonderful way to get somebody back into the series. I imagine the rest of the game will deliver in much the same way if not better, but that's yet to be seen.