Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #917 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Well I haven't listened to a full album of yours since you only just made them available anywhere, but I suppose I've heard some music from you that I thought was kinda cool before so yeah.

Immediately chiptune which is cool. I think your slightly less than bombastic drums work better in this than other things I've heard cuz it's more genuine sounding in the 8 bit OST atmosphere. I dig chiptune so it's appealing so far.

The chipwaves are catchy and interestingly seamless and morphy, and the basslines while simple add more depth which I always felt like was lacking in your stuff. It's not immense but faithfully consistent. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but when stuff quiets down there's a sort of retro sounding crackle which I appreciate. I'm also into the especially fuzzy bits.

I apologize for not exactly having a lot to say and get deep into, but that's just more of a case of it being quite singular and consistent. It stays true to what it is even if I might like to hear some expansion.

But it sounds real catchy and fun just like chiptune ought to.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote